Hello! How’s everyone doing? It’s been almost 3 months since my last post and I have no excuse really other than my life has been pretty busy and there was no internet connection. Anyway, back to the main thing. I made these rum balls on valentine’s day and since it tastes so damned good (to me, anyway!) I thought I would share the recipe with you. I know valentine’s day was long ago now, but these rum balls are super easy to make and require no baking skills at all! Perfect for those who aren’t good at baking — like me.
Makes about 40 rum balls.
- 1 block (250g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups crackers, finely crushed
- 1 can chocolate condensed milk
- 1/4 cup rum or whiskey (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, chopped
- chocolate sprinkles
- Boil chopped dark chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, stir until smooth, shiny and completely melted
- In a large bowl, mix together crushed crackers, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, milk, and rum/whiskey
- Form mixture into small balls and roll in sprinkles until they are fully coated
- Store in refrigerator
If you try this recipe, tell me in the comments below! I’d love to know how you make yours! X